Hello there, I’m Lindsey and welcome to i heart teal, I’m glad you’re here! I started this blog to document some of my favorite things – vintage finds, food, craft projects, and updates to our home.
Here are some important things to know:
- I’m from Lancaster PA but that does not mean I’m Amish!
- I now live in a small town in Pennsylvania with 1 red light that blinks after 11PM which my mom calls the metropolis.
- My boyfriend, Brad, and I purchased our ranch style home in 2008, right before the housing market crash. We have been updating and making changes ever since.
- I have a degree in Interior Design and work as a Kitchen and Bath Designer. I love my job! I love getting to help people with selections and layouts without making any decisions for my own home! I feel like whenever we actually get to update our kitchen I won’t be able to pick anything!
- My favorite color is teal (if you couldn’t guess) and I tend to collect things for my home that are teal.
- I enjoy being outside and love to ride my bicycle and go kayaking! This year was not very good for kayaking, we only got out once! Bummer!
- I also really enjoy being creative. I love that I get to be creative at work but that sometimes leaves me feeling less creative at home. I’m hoping this blog helps me regain my creativity at home!
- I try to avoid processed foods whenever possible. In the past few years some health concerns have made it more important for Brad to eat healthier so now more than ever it’s a priority. I make most of our meals from scratch and am always on the lookout for new recipes.
- In general, random things always seem to happen to me that don’t typically happen to my friends. My friends tend to find these things funny so I’m glad I’m able to provide some laughs!
- My brother is a heroin addict and it really stinks. I feel like unless you are directly affected by heroin it is hard to understand it. I hope in time there is more awareness to this health problem and help for those suffering from it, both the individual and their family.
- I think it is super important to keep an open mind and treat people with respect. You never know what another person is going through or dealing with.
Thanks for stopping by! Please leave me a comment so we can get to know each other! I hope you come back soon!